Monday, November 8, 2010

lake district walks 5

On my last day I did a very easy walk from Grasmere village to Rydall Cave and then walked back to the village along the edge of Grasmere lake. It was the sunniest day of my trip and I had actually intended to climb Loughrigg Fell, but I missed the path going up and instead ended up at Rydal Cave. And then some dark clouds started to hover around and it started to rain a bit so I dropped the idea of going up and instead went down to the Grasmere lakeside. And then the rain stopped - of course. Still, the lakeside was nice and I just hung around looking at the birds.

Rydal Water from Loughrigg Terrace



Seagull solitude

Brown swan, White swan


Not a good photo but I think this is a Heron?


The sky in Grasmere Lake


No comments:

Post a Comment