Saturday, February 19, 2011

recipe notes for myself (will be an ever expanding post)

Bulgar and Spinach Pilaf
Great recipe - loved the taste of the roasted plum tomatoes - the first time I made this I added double the tomatoes than were asked for in the recipe which is why I think it turned out particularly tasty. The labneh is easy to make and yummy!

Spinach and Ricotta Lasagne
Realized blue cheese wasn't my thing - at least not in too much quantity and not in my lasagne for sure. Otherwise a good recipe so won't use gorgonzola next time. I liked the pine nuts sprinkled on top.

Garlic and Herb Potato Wedges
To satisfy my potato cravings :)


Saffron Rice and Red Pepper Pilaf
No photo but a nice simple recipe that I think I can use as a base - can add other stuff into it, maybe nuts and raisins


Roasted Vegetable and Brown Rice Gratin (above roasting vegies, and below the final outcome)
Ate celeriac and swede for the first time in my life. Didn't like the former, the latter was okay. Didn't use carrots and parsnips since the quantities were too much anyway, so next time I should use these instead of the celeraic (and maybe even chuck the swede). Also next time will use lesser cheese on the top.


Parsnip Dark Spice Cake
Oh yum! Good as a tea-time cake.

Celery, potato & leek soup
Very nutritious and all that, but didn't like celery as the dominant ingredient in a soup.

Split Pea Soup
Lovely filling soup (spinach was added after i took the photo)
A variation recipe: Split Pea Soup

Broccoli soup
A good basic broccoli soup recipe

Asparagus soup
No photo but it was good!


More soup recipes to try out:
Carrot & coriander soup
Spiced carrot and lentil soup
Spiced roasted parsnip soup
Chunky minestrone soup
Roasted Asparagus soup with spring herb gremolata
Curried butternut squash soup

Salads and dressings:
Oriental zucchini and brown rice salad
Vinaigrette

Dals etc:
Masoor dal
Dal makhani
Kadhi
Chana masala

Other recipe notes:

Upma

Eggless Banana bread
When I don't have eggs in the house :)
Wholegrain banana bread
Wholewheat chocolate chip cookies

Pancakes
Basic pancake recipe

Conversion tables

No comments:

Post a Comment