Friday, August 20, 2010

cooking experiments

I've been thoroughly enjoying cooking and particularly buying ingredients I've never cooked with before (bulghar wheat, butternut squash, harissa paste, oyster sauce, tofu - yes yes i've never cooked with tofu before, bean sprouts) and then pouring over the internet looking for good-sounding recipes. Some dishes turn out good, others are okay - thankfully no total disasters yet. (If I still know where the recipe came from, the link is below the picture). And by the way, I don't think it would have ever occurred to me to take pictures of food if I'd never met Herlily - so this post is dedicated to her with love :-)

Spiced bulghar, chickpea and squash salad (Yum!)

Potato Spinach Gratin and leftovers of the spicy bughar salad (Yum!)
(the gratin was my own take on all the potato spinach gratin recipes I saw on the internet since I wanted to use both parmesan and cheddar)

Chinese Aduki beans salad
(I wasn't too impressed with this one, maybe coz I got the recipe off the aduki beans packet)

Thai Basil Tofu Fry, Szechuan Green Beans and Jasmine Rice (Absolute Yum!)

More coming I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment