Saturday, August 28, 2010

more experiments in the kitchen

Sugar snap peas with lemon, garlic and basil
(a good side-dish and I love crunchy sugar snap peas)

Zesty Quinoa with Broccoli
(Good recipe - I like the subdried tomatoes in it though I think I overdid their amount and will have to go a bit easy on them next time. Also I didn't use the cashews or the white wine mentioned in the recipe since I didn't have any at home. Also would not add the raw scallions to this at the end, maybe some fresh herbs but not sure what - parsley maybe)
and in case you're wondering what that strange looking lump is next to the quinoa, it is
Broccoli Baked Potatoes
(I'd made it because I had some remaining broccoli and I also had too many potatoes in the house - but didn't enjoy this so will not make it again - it also looks quite unappetizing though the photo in the BBC recipe looks pretty good!)

And finally, I attempted for the first time to make fish since a friend told me that salmon is easy to make and tastes good even if very simply prepared - so I found a quick and simple recipe for salmon that sounded a bit like the way she cooks it - I was quite happy with this though I think I overcooked the salmon a bit so one side of the salmon got a bit too crispy.

Grilled Salmon with Chili and Lime Butter

No comments:

Post a Comment