Thursday, September 2, 2010

my drooping Spanish Lavender


I've had my lavender plant for less than two weeks and I think I might be already killing it. Most of the stalks are drooping and the flowers are also looking really sorry - maybe its just the end of the flowering season, who knows - I tried to figure out from the internet but everywhere it said lavenders flower in the Spring, the card that came with my plant says it flowers from July to September (and this is summer here), so I'm just confused. Anyway, I thought I would try and photograph its droopiness. Took quite a few photos, circling around the plant a lot, placing it in the sun, placing it in shade, etc, to figure out how to photograph it so that I can capture its droopiness but at the same time the plant doesn't look like it should already be in the garbage bin. I do hope it livens up a little after all this attention I'm giving it!





2 comments:

  1. You are a talented writer and photographer, missing our Berkeley flower-tours. Hiba

    ReplyDelete
  2. try to give it a bottle cap's worth of water once every few days and see how that works. You can't water it too much or it will die. Anyway, lavender doesn't do well in pots, but try and trim the dried parts back and it should grow again

    ReplyDelete