Wednesday, May 18, 2011

ardmore forest, isle of mull

The Shore-walk in the Ardmore Forest was the other walk I did on the Isle of Mull. Had to walk approx. 2 miles from Tobermory on main roads to get to the start of the walk since I didn't have a car. And then the Shore-walk itself was about 5 miles in total. So all in all, I had a good long walk with some easy ups and downs from Tobermory and back.

Much of the walk towards the shore wasn't so very picturesque because the trail went along bare areas where controlled logging had been done. It seems that every time the trees reach maturity, they are felled as part of a tree harvesting programme.

But the walk is well worth it. It takes you.. well, to the shore. I think its called Ardmore Point. The coastline here is wonderful and when I got right to the edge, there wasn't a soul in sight.

Was the most peaceful spot I've ever been to. There was a beautiful stillness to the place that I can't describe. I could've sat there dreamily for the entire afternoon just looking at the water, the shore, the birds (but couldn't since I had to reach Oban that day)

an Oystercatcher (not a good photo, but its the best I could manage with my camera)

On the way back, the walk went through the forest which was wonderful - I think these trees will be cut down during a tree harvesting cycle so the forest areas in Ardmore keep changing.



No comments:

Post a Comment