Saturday, May 7, 2011

walk up to dun na cuaiche, inveraray

The walk starts from near the parking lot of the castle and takes you across a bridge, through beautiful woodland, up to the summit of a nearby hill with lovely views of the town and the loch.

mist over the summit of the hill

tree harvesting / controlled logging



Turning into beautiful woodland...
below is my favorite photo... I was crouching on the ground to take it





Just as I got to the top, it started drizzling...


Then the drizzle stopped for a bit...


(PS: anyone who goes to scotland and does a bit of walking will at some point realize that the Scots know how to place their wooden benches... and will come away with a photo of "the most perfectly located bench." I remember seeing one from my brother's trip to scotland... and this photo from dun na cuaiche is mine :))

1 comment: