Saturday, May 7, 2011

birdy in tobermory

The bird would just not sit still for more than a second but ultimately I got a few good photos, some of which precisely because the bird wouldn't stay still. My absolutely favorite photo first... just as the bird was going to take off...


This is the European Robin (Erithacus rubecula) and both the male and female look identical. The Indian male robin, on the other hand, is a fully black bird and the female is a fully brown one. Many thanks to Abhijit Ekbote, a bird-watcher friend, who told me this.

2 comments:

  1. Do you know what bird this is? Might be a Flycatcher or maybe a Chat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, I have no idea but a friend wrote on my FB identifying it as Erithacus rubecula - the European Robin. The Indian robin apparently looks different.

    ReplyDelete